COLORADO TRAIL AND RECREATION MAPS (WATERPROOF & TEAR-RESISTANT PAPER OR Geo-Referenced PDF's) FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $30

Ring the Peak Trail, 80% completed

Located in Colorado near Colorado Springs, Ring the Peak is a collection of trails and backcountry roads to circumnavigate Pikes Peak, as envisioned in the 1999 Pikes Peak Multi-Use Plan and adopted by FOTP.  The trails cross federal, state, county, city, and sometimes private lands.  The total length of the trail system is approximately 63 miles with approximately 80% of the route completed.  Evaluation and planning are ongoing for the remaining 20%.  The altitude ranges between 6,400 feet in Manitou Springs to 11,300 feet east of Portal 8 on Trail Segment 8-9; consequently, many trails are obscured by snow during the winter months.  Currently, 9 portals provide access to the Ring trails, although there are numerous other ways to find your way to the Ring.

Pocket Pals is currently developing a map which will show the entire Ring the Peak Trail.

Portions of Ring the Peak trail can be found on our Pikes Peak Region series Map #2, #3, #4, #5, and #7

Go to the Friends of the Peak website to learn more.  http://www.fotp.com/8-trails/ring-the-peak-trail

 

Leave a comment