Pocket Pals Trail Maps feels strongly about giving back to a variety of local outdoor recreation, conservation, trails, parks and open space organizations. One of the non-profits that we donate to is the Rocky Mountain Field Institute. Learn more about RMFI below or at their website: www.rmfi.org.
Please consider volunteering for this amazing organization!
The Rocky Mountain Field Institute is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization based in Colorado Springs, Colorado, dedicated to the conservation and stewardship of public lands in Southern Colorado. RMFI is committed to protecting and enhancing the ecological health of our land and water resources by completing projects focused on watershed restoration, forest health, and sustainable recreation areas. By prioritizing the involvement of community volunteers and youth, RMFI envisions a world where our work fosters vibrant and healthy natural systems that are respected and cared for by the public.
Rocky Mountain Field Institute is dedicated to the conservation and stewardship of public lands in the Southern Rocky Mountain region through volunteer-based trail and restoration projects, environmental education, and restoration research.
Rocky Mountain Field Institute envisions a world where our work fosters vibrant and healthy natural systems that are respected and cared for by the public.
- Excellence in Programs. We are committed to providing the highest standard of programming for our project partners, supporters, and participants.
- Volunteerism. We will implement a restoration model that centers on community involvement as a means of connecting people to the outdoors, promoting a healthy lifestyle, and fostering an ethic of environmental responsibility and stewardship.
- Outdoor Recreation and Education. We respect the natural environment and seek to provide the opportunity for youth and adults to enjoy our natural world. Through our educational efforts, we will seek to develop the next generation of environmental leaders and stewards.
- Science-Based Solutions. We are committed to furthering the field of restoration through the study and application of science-based solutions.
- Inclusiveness in Partnerships. We encourage strong and diverse partnerships through broad stakeholder and public participation.
- Integrity in Actions. We are committed to holding ourselves to the highest degree of responsibility and accountability.
- Courage. In furthering our mission, we will have the courage to undertake difficult and complex projects.
- Generosity of Others. We are committed to being responsible stewards of the time, money, and gifts entrusted to us.