Grays Peak - Front RangePOCKET PALS Trail Maps
This is a hiking/climbing route map for Grays Peak in Colorado's Front Range (a Colorado Fourteener).
There are 3 trailheads and 5 routes contained on this map. For more information on this Colorado Fourteener click HERE.
- Stevens Gulch Trailhead
- Horseshoe Basin Trailhead
- Chihuahua Gulch Trailhead
- North (East) Slopes - (Standard)
- Lost Rat Couloir
- East Slopes (South Ridge)
- Southwest Ridge
- Torreys South Slopes (Combo)
All of our Colorado 14er climbing maps contain the following information for each route:
1) Delineation of the climbing route on a detailed base map (including roads, public land boundaries, contours (80' intervals), and hydrology (streams, lakes, etc.)
2) The difficulty of the climb rated by Class (Yosemite Decimal System)
2) Exposure Rating
3) Snow Steepness
4) Length of the Route
5) Elevation Gain & Loss
6) Starting Elevation
7) Elevation Profile
8) Waypoints (landmarks) and their mileages along the route
9) Detailed description for locating the trailhead
The maps in this series are 3-5/8" W X 4-1/4" H (when folded) and are 17" X 11" (when unfolded) and they are both waterproof and tear-resistant.
Purchased this hiking map a few weeks ago and used it on my last 14er hike to Grays Peak. Wow, the amount of hiking details is great. In fact, I changed my hike from the standard route to an alternate route with way less hikers. The information provided gave me enough details to attempt an alternate route. I’m glad I did. Had a great hike. Just purchased a few more 14er hiking maps for future trips.